by Sarah Ramirez
Esthetician at Ra
With the summer season upon us, your legs are bound to get more exposure in a day than they have all winter. But with shaving comes razor burn, and the hassle of daily, maybe weekly, shaving. Instead of becoming a slave to the razor, consider waxing. Waxing removes the follicle from the hair shaft, giving you a no-bump look to enjoy for weeks.
Here are 7 tips to remember before waxing:
- Make sure your body hair is at least ¼ to ¾ of inch long.
- Take some ibuprofen or Tylenol 30 min. prior before service to help prevent inflammation.
- For women, avoid waxing during your time of the month when skin is more sensitive.
- Give yourself at least two weeks if you’ve recently used Retin-A, Renova, Differin or Accutane.
- Limit UV exposure to 24 hours before and after waxing.
- Exfoliate before your visit to loosen up those hairs, and help make their exit easier.
After waxing, apply cold Aloe Vera gel if your skin is still sensitive after your visit. No hot showers, sauna, or gym for 24 hours to give your skin time to settle.
Ra uses two products for waxing services: Nufree and Cirepil. Nufree is a wax-free botanical hair removal system that is gentle and effective from head to toe and everything in-between. Nufree doesn’t actually contain any wax, honey, or sugar and is antibacterial and antimicrobial, which makes it perfect for sensitive skin. Cirepil is also good for sensitive areas, like underarms, the bikini zone, and Brazilian waxing. This wax heats at a low temperature and contains jojoba oil for client comfort.
When you’re ready to prep your body for the beach, make an appointment at Ra with one of our professional estheticians to make your waxing experience a little less painful.