Ra Salon Spa offers a paid apprenticeship position for passionate individuals to obtain a cosmetology license in Washington State. The program is for individuals who want to pursue a career in the beauty industry. Our educators work with one apprentice at a time, which means you’ll receive one-on-one coaching with educators who focus on your personal learning style.
You will work alongside your mentors as their salon assistant. Weekly classes include theory and mannequin work, followed by models you provide. The program covers blow-dry styling, formal styling, cutting, smoothing treatments, perming, color formulation, and other studies pertaining to cosmetology. This program requires a 3 year commitment.
Upon successful graduation from the 2 year Washington State program, we ask for a 1 year commitment to Ra Salon Spa. Once you’ve completed our apprenticeship, and obtain your Washington State License of Cosmetology, you will be offered a position as a team stylist and considered a valuable member of the Ra Salon Spa team.
As a team member and a professional hair designer, you will receive professional compensation, PTO, group-discounted insurance options, discounted salon and spa services, as well as product discounts for yourself, friends, and family members.
To apply, submit your resume along with 2-3 paragraphs describing why you want to be in the beauty industry, how an apprenticeship at Ra Salon Spa fits your vision, and what you hope to gain from the experience. Be sure to include your name and desired position in the body of your email, and send it to email@example.com, or fill out the form online.
Apprenticeship Time Requirement:
The hours required for the Washington State programs are as follows:
- Cosmetology Program: 3,000 hours on-the-job training and 216 RSI class & home study
- Hair Design Program: 2,000 hourson-the-job training and 144 RSI class & home study
- Esthetics Program: 2,000 hourson-the-job training and 144 RSI class & home study
Suggestions for Seeking an Apprentice Opportunity:
- Consider the type of work you would like to learn
- What type of salon/shop do you feel fits your style best
- Put together a resume and cover letter
- Dress for Success and Personally Deliver you Resume to salons where you would like to work and build your career.
Direct any questions regarding certification and registration requirements on our apprenticeship program to firstname.lastname@example.org.